I'm looking for a fantastically talented UI designer to work with me on my third major game title, a massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game (MMORTS) set on earth post-zombie apocalypse.
I will require a very high quality designer with a good visual style, so make sure your freelancer portfolio is up to date, expansive and impressive!
You will be responsible for:
- The graphic design and production of individual UI elements (buttons, text boxes, radio buttons etc.) including colours and styles to fit the game theme
- Using the UI to design and lay out all of the game's screens (4 "templates" which are applied to about 14 individual game screens)
- The layout, positioning and sizes of elements and screens to ensure fit with devices, responsive design, and great user experience
- The chosen fonts and icons (including potentially drawing a few game-specific font icons if not contained in your selected set) to be used in the game's interface
- The CSS transitions and animations to be used when UI elements are interacted with, screens are selected etc.
The UI elements and the game's interface must work using CSS3 on a web page, so I prefer designers with the ability to code 100% in HTML5/CSS3 and supply me their designs so that they can "plug straight into" my game framework.
Your designs must:
- Scale to all resolutions from 320x200 up to and including 4K HD
- Be adaptable and respond to all user input devices including touch, mouse (e.g. hover elements), keyboard and pen
- Work on all Operating Systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS
- Work on all browsers including IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Android, Opera, Safari
- Work on all devices including desktop computers, tablets, mobiles and TVs
Individual UI elements should be optimised for use on both mobiles (e.g. minimum 40x40 pixels) as well as desktop PC screens.
Note that you won't be working on artwork or drawings as this will be completed by my artists. However, your work must be able to integrate their artwork, and you should be able to suggest the appropriate placement of art assets to fit with your designs.
I will supply a full design specification to the winning bidder including reference images, design notes, UI elements lists and screen wireframes. You should be able to quote me for time and cost on the basis of the information in this project brief, but please ask any questions if you need to.
Make sure you read everything below, and happy bidding!
(Please do not bid on my jobs unless you can fulfill the following):
- Fluent English. You do not need to be a native speaker, but you must be able to 100% understand design documents, specifications and written correspondence at about the university/business level
- You must be proficient and experienced in the work I am asking you to do. Talent also helps a lot!
- You must be able to provide many high quality samples of previous work that is YOUR OWN. I may sometimes ask you to supply me with an example of a small piece of work from my project for you to prove that you can complete a larger piece (e.g., 1 element from many in the whole project)
- You should preferably have some experience working on game UIs
- You may be required to sign an NDA if you are the successful bidder as the game is still in development
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must agree to the terms in the 'Plain English Contract [login to view URL]' before starting work with me. If you cannot/will not agree to any of these terms, please do not submit a bid
I want this to be a polished, professional final product that looks at least as good as AAA mobile titles. I expect high quality in all work delivered.
I will make prompt payment on receipt of satisfactory work. In addition, if I'm really happy with your work, you can expect more work to come your way as I am already planning a game expansion like my previous games.