Project 01 -15%
A fully functioning interactive three-page well-designed website. Please pay special attention to the layout and composition, balance, choice of color, imagery, and typography. This project will be graded based upon the effectiveness of the concept and design, originality, complexity of that effort, and completion of technical requirements.
Design a three-page commercial website. Your website should include a Home, About and Contact page with live navigation.
1- Utilize one or two column Div layout.
2- Must include live Navigation and Live text.
3- Width at 1024 x 600 px (height is flexible)
4- RGB @ 72 DPI
5- Pages must be centered, and the background color should be other than white.
6- Should include an interactive map and video.
7- All text on your pages should be LIVE.
8- Footer with an active email link.
Choose from the following topics
A. restaurants/ clubs
B. Spas, Wellbeing centers
C. Interior Design or Architect
Deliverables due on Flickr Project 01:
*** Create an album on Flickr. Call it Project 01 - Upload the jpgs of the above deliverables into this album. Share the album with the class group.
Theses deliverables should be refined and final versions of the documents you completed for your Assignments.
1- Three looks for Design Comps. (designed in PSD and save out as jpegs)
2- Sitemap for the selected Comp.
3- Mood Board( Style Tiles) for the selected comp.
4- Wireframe for the selected comp.
5- Put your name on your root folder and Zip the folder.
6- Upload to Project 01 basket on Blackboard.
7- three-page, well designed, interactive website with live navigation, formatted live text, video, and Google Map.
Project 02- 15%
Phase 1: Define the project (Conceptualize and Research) 1%
- Research (research the project and the competition.)
- Identify the Personas
Phase 2: Develop the site structure (create and organize content) 1%
- Rough Sketches
Phase 3: Design the visual interface (Develop the “Look and Feel” of the website: Sketch, art direct and design the home page) 5%
- Following the fundamental design principles.
- Use of original work
- Mood board that is based on the company research process
- Rough Comps that are based on user based interaction design principles.
- Timely submission of all project revisions
- Finalize Design and timely delivery
Phase 4: Build and integrate/ user testing (produce a working prototype using Dream weaver or fireworks) 8%
- Technical accuracy of programming of the web pages and adding interactivity.
- Effectively utilizing the basic programming languages to create dynamic media such as image and video web galleries.
- Effectively utilizing Div Tags to add Complexity to the web page structure.
- Successfully utilizing CSS in adding and formatting esthetically pleasing text information using "live text" to the web page layouts.
- Successfully testing the website on all the major web browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Timely Revision submissions.
- Following the correct web naming convention.
- Finalize Programing and timely delivery.
- Successfully uploading the website to remote server