We are looking for a designer to create custom icons for our website.
Nimonik ([login to view URL]) provides state of the art Environmental, Health and Safety, and Quality management software services for all types of industries and institutions. Our applications are provided as a service via the web and mobile app interfaces.
We currently have a very inconsistent set of icons and buttons in different colours, sizes and formats. This makes it difficult for users to navigate the site, as icons and buttons can be unclear and difficult to find. Additionally, certain elements rely solely on colour-coding (inaccessible for colourblind people).
Here are some examples:
[login to view URL] are currently three separate edit icons/buttons that appear in different parts of the website. This can throw users off, as they would normally be looking for the same button/icon on every page (see fig 1a,1b,1c).
[login to view URL] icons on this page are confusing and difficult to see. The light grey makes the icons difficult to see against the white background. The meanings of some of the icons can be difficult to understand (see fig 2).
[login to view URL] want to replace these buttons with icons so that the page is more consistent. Currently, when no documents are selected, only a series of icons appears. However, when the user selects a document these buttons show up (see fig 3).
4. This colour-coded border indicates the status of legal documents. Since it is red and green, it may not be visible to colour blind people. These types of borders appear in a few places on the website. We are planning to replace them with text and visually accessible icons (see fig 4).
We would like to create a standard set of icons to use throughout the entire website. The icons should be:
- Simple and easy to understand
- A colour that matches our theme and is visible on the page
- Not reliant on colour coding to convey their meaning.
Icons Requested (Additional Context and Information to be provided to the Chosen Candidate):
- Create - Users can create a variety of things on the website (audits, legal registers, templates, etc.) Currently we are using an icon plus text to let users know what they can create.
- Edit - Currently we are showing two different edit icons and an edit button in different places on the website. We would like a standard icon that takes users to the edit page
- Share - We would like to introduce an icon that takes users directly to the Share section of the edit page
- Sort - There are a number of tables on the website that can be sorted by clicking on their column headings.
Many users are not aware of this fact, so we would like to add an icon to these sortable column headings.
- Duplicate - Users can create copies (duplicates) of documents, audits and audit questions in their accounts
- Connect - Users have the option to maintain a connection between the original and the copy when duplicating documents.
- Move - This allows users to reorder the questions in their audit templates.
- Additional actions TBD
This is part of a larger project to update and standardize the look of our website. If we are satisfied with the work provided, there will be an opportunity to stay onboard for additional projects.
Interested candidates should provide a sample icon for one of the following actions.
Candidates should also provide a brief (2-3 sentence) description of how they will approach the project. Candidates who do not provide the requested items will not be considered.