DIGM 20A Interface Design Final Design Proposal Assignment.
The final project in this class is the Design Proposal. This proposal should be professional and highlight your writing as well as design skills. The final should be in a PDF or some other presentation format like powerpoint.
Day to present is Thursday, Thursday, December 12 9:40 AM – 11:40 AM
Final Project is listed a 30 points on the syllabus. You will be awarded 3 points for completion of each section.
1. Title of project. Included: project logo, design style “should follow your theme”, Listing who are stakeholders.
2. Overview – A well written paragraph of why this Product is need. Included who would use this project. Included technical aspects, “Responsive Web Site” or “IOS App”, Included Goal, what would user get out of this Product.
3. Research – Included at least 2 screen shots of similar design or competing products, and a written competitive analysis.
4. Persona – Overview paragraph of who product is for, Then 3 detail personas including Picture, employment, age, gender, and a scenario “How will they use the product”
5. Wireframe drawings – Sketch ideas of your screen layouts. If this is a responsive web site then show desktop, tablet, and phone. App design should at least 3 screen.
6. Type and color – Fonts – list where the fonts will be used in the design, Color scheme and list color swatches and included values.
7. 3 Color comps – This is full color screen examples. I will leave this types of screen up to you, but should show important screen to the project.
8. Prototype and peer review – I know I showed how to make an interactive prototype, but you do not have to have this. But You should make a listed of questions you would ask someone to review your design, Then just have someone review your design and provide feedback.
9. Marketing ideas – just provide an overview on how you would get the wrote about your product. Social Media, QR code, Advertise, - be good to included ideas from you persona. How would they find out about your product.
10. Professionalize of final presentation. Screen presentation. Design.
This was the original schedule that I listed Week Nov 11.
Dates – Nov 14 you should have completed Overview, Title, Research, Client Questions,
Persona, and Wireframe drawings. All of this can change, but should keep on schedule.
Week Nov 11 – We will discuss Color and Type. Also, this week you should present your
progress on Thursday. Nov 19
Week Nov 19 – Should complete wireframes and begin Color Comps.
Week Nov 25 – Finish the Color comps. Begin Prototype. We can make an interactive prototype.
Also, begin reviewing design with friends and people like the persona.