Compensation: $25.00/HR Based on Education & Experience
employment type: part-time
Seeking SEAMSTRESS-FASHION /COSTUME DESIGNER FOR TEACHING JOB in QUEENS NYC Area - Interviewing Now
Teach Youth Basics of sewing, fashion and costume design.
Do you think you have what it takes to show high school students what it's really like to be creative in fashion? Can you teach the basics of sewing using sewing machines, different types of fabric, etc.? Do you have a desire to teach students how to create their own piece? Are you able to teach students how to produce their own costume or fashion artwork through positive engagement and skills rich activities? Do you have the ability to "enhance and perfect" the work students have completed?
If the answer is "YES!" Then the job is for you!
The FASHION and COSTUME DESIGN course is designed to introduce students to the basic methods and practices in fashion, while exposing them to a wide range of artists and the business of animation. Each class will consist of a short demonstration, viewing of related works, hands-on experimentation, and critique. Weekly assignments will further student's exploration of fashion approaches and techniques.
Full disclosure, our approach is unorthodox and our standards are high. But, if you are passionate about your artistry, youth development and work ethic then you will thrive!
We are seeking passionate and engaging fashion and costume designer teaching artists.
Involvement in the total program with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including: (but not limited to):
- special events ( exhibitions, concerts, etc.), classroom setup and break-down.
- Understand, promote and facilitate the Mission, Vision and Goals of the organization.
- Ensure that all lesson plans and activities are in compliance with the organization Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that program areas are neat and clean, and that equipment and supplies are inventoried, managed and cared for appropriately.
- Assist students with completing multiple productions throughout the school year. This includes using your highly developed skills to enhance and polish completed works. Our students work will be submitted to various film festivals and competitions throughout the program year.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Fashion, Costume Design, or other related field preferred. Last year of college or new graduated also considered. Experienced professionals even without Bachelor's Degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Portfolio and Demo Reel with sample of works.
- Cover Letter
- Positive Attitude, Communicative, Punctual, GREAT Interpersonal Skills
- Passionate about Teaching
- Passionate about Life
- Deep respect and understanding for teaching and learning.
- Knowledge and expertise in educational resources and best practices for students 10-12.
- Desire and skills to collaborate successfully with teams of teachers.
- Willingness to be flexible and versatile in a rapidly changing and growing work environment while maintaining effectiveness, efficiency, and strong collaborations.
- Other job related competencies: honesty/integrity, highly organized, great follow-up and follow-through, persistent, proactive, persuasive, ability to thrive under pressure, strategic, creative/innovative, enthusiastic, great interpersonal skills (listening, verbal, written)
Hours: Part Time
Rate: $25/Hr Based on Education and Experience
If interested, please send a cover letter along with your resume and a link to your portfolio/demo reel.