We have an opportunity for you at Jar!
- As a Backend Engineer, you will design and build server-side components that run seamlessly on Jar, design and implement infrastructure, and more.
- You will partner with Fullstack engineers to build high-performance REST & WebSocket APIs to power our frontend experiences.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production environment.
- As an early engineer, work with the team to create and foster a culture of raising the bar with each new hire.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in writing secure, efficient, high-quality code and have a good understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Experience with technologies like GraphQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Node.js, and other server-side technologies, etc.
- Experience with Implementation of services in a micro-service architecture.
- Familiarity with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms.
Good to have
- Experience with building fintech products
- Experience building and scaling applications on public cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Experience in the development of large, distributed software systems
- A Background in Computer Science
You’ll be in a rewarding company
- Work with cutting-edge technology and unchartered territory.
- Competitive salary and compelling stock options offerings.
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues, to help You succeed and push boundaries.
- Flexible working hours, training resources, and a company culture that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, and lots of fun along the way.
- Opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
We're currently remote. We plan to base ourselves in Bangalore, India in the future, and set up a flexible office as home-base. We think a flexible in-office / work-from-home arrangement will be optimal for fostering team creativity as well as supporting independence and freedom.
Looking forward to your response!