We are developers of a Java software solution using a SQL (Sybase) back end database. Amongst other things, our software tracks time and expenses, produces invoices and receives payments. We would like a QB certified developer to help us create a bi-directional communication with our customer's QuickBooks.
Project requirements are:
1. Invoices created in our software would become invoices in QB.
2. Payments and credits tracked in our software would become payments and credits applied to the appropriate invoice and/or customer/job in QB.
3. Time tracked in our software could be used by QB for payroll
4. Expenses tracked in QB could be used by our software during invoice generation. For example, a bookkeeper enters an Account Payable in QB and links it to a customer and job. Our software would be able to recognize that payable as an expense for a project and include it in an invoice that we generate in our software.
5. Invoices generated in QB would be recognized by our software.
Candidates must have previous experience doing similar projects for other software products where they use the QB SDK. Our software is currently in development with an expected beta release by September, 2008. Applicant will be communicating with one of our in-house developers upon acceptance.
Our current software is a FileMaker Pro solution. Applicant does not need to know anything about FileMaker as we are nearly complete with our migration to a Java/SQL application.