This bid is for the initial work on a long term project to build a website that lists online games, similar to [login to view URL] but will have a lot more features.
The website MUST be coded with PHP using the Laravel framework. I may be open to using another framework but PHP is necessary. MySQL, too.
You must be able to design and develop the site from the ground up.
This bid is for the following:
- The design of the site (HTML/SCSS). Any images are not necessary right now. You can just use placeholders for banners/images/logos etc. You will be responsible for the design, including the color scheme.
- Pages to display/list all games using various filters and sorting.
- A page for the game listing. A way to add comments to the game listing. A page to write a review and rate the game out of 5 stars in 0.5 star increments.
- A voting system which resets weekly. A user should only be able to vote once per day. Precautions to prevent multiple votes must be taken. There should also be a page that a game can link to with a button to confirm a vote from a player.
- On the homepage, the top 10 games of the week should be displayed in a list, with a link to view the top 100 on a separate page.
- A registration and login system, with the ability to change your password/email address. E-Mail authentication should be included. You can use the default php mailer for the time being, and we can switch to a mail api in the future.
A relatively small amount of work to start with, but I want to make sure that the coder is adequate before continuing with the project to completion. All future work will be given to the winning bidder if this project is carried out successfully. You can use [login to view URL] as a guideline.
Please include the phrase "I have read the description" in your bid to verify you have read the project description. Your code must be elegant. I am a programmer myself, so I will be taking a look at the code and may make modifications/additions to it myself so it must be easily readable and follow the necessary coding standards.