Redstone Group is currently looking for a Building Operator to join our Operations Team to oversee its commercial office buildings in Phoenix and surrounding areas. Redstone Group is a Canadian real estate company that own and manage all our assets.
Our portfolio consists of both commercial and industrial buildings throughout Canada and the US. We are currently looking to fill this position with someone who is diverse in all aspects of maintaining and operating commercial properties.
The successful candidate will work alongside other Building Operators and report to the Commercial Property Manager to work as a team to ensure the buildings are maintained in a first-class manner.
· Manage daily building and mechanical inspections.
· Manage and adjust the building automation (DDC) controls to ensure optimal conditions.
· Oversee preventative maintenance schedules, managing corresponding trades and service providers.
· Respond to tenant service requests through our online web portal
· Available for afterhours emergencies as required.
· Maintain the interior and exterior of the properties as required
· Troubleshoot problems related to HVAC, electrical, fire & life safety, plumbing, Irrigation to name a few, and ensure that they are all in efficient and working order. Note service contracts are in place with the majority of vendors so an expertise in all areas listed is not required, but more of a basic understanding which do not require licensing (i.e. change ballasts, rewire fan motors, change faulty light switches, change HVAC filters, rebuild faucets, fix toilets, clear roof drains, etc.)
· Working with tenants to ensure problems are solved in an efficient and respectful manner
· Perform and complete all assigned duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision
· Work as a team alongside other building operators and property managers to ensure tasks are completed as efficiently as possible.
· Review and assess areas in the buildings for areas of improvement
· Provide feedback to Chief and/or Property Manager regarding needed repairs, special services, etc.
· Monitor and maintain building systems (for example: heating, electrical, mechanical, and security systems).
· Report problems and recommend changes to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs or comply with environmental, building and safety codes.
· Perform routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records.
· Monitor access to restricted areas such as the roof and telecommunications equipment and ensure that they are kept safe, clean, functional, and accessible.
· Perform or oversee housekeeping and grounds keeping duties.
· Respond to emergencies such as power failures, floods, and fires as well as, organize and conduct fire drills.
· Supervise the work of maintenance personnel and contractors hired to make repairs.
· Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment and make recommendations regarding the purchase of new equipment.
Assisting, where required, operations staff on various projects.
· Be available for rotating after-hours and on-call emergencies as and if required.
· During shifts, you will be required to wear a Redstone uniform, which will be provided to you.
· Assist in the management of Tenant Improvement Projects where and if required.
· Other duties as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Have a valid Driver’s license and reliable working vehicle during all shifts.
- Sound knowledge of HVAC (DDC) control systems
- Sound knowledge of BAC (Building Access Control) systems
- Able to complete basic handyman repairs (i.e. drywall, paint, door hardware adjustments)
- Experience dealing with multiple contractors to complete projects
- Good knowledge of working with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Capable of working independently without direction
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Minimum 3 years in general maintenance