My site is one of the many that has received the dreaded message from Google (Google Webmaster Tools notice of detected unnatural links to [url removed, login to view]).
I have had 2 different SEO companies working for me over the last 12 months and have no idea which of the two did something in violation of Google's Guidelines (if either did in fact do something). I have submitted a request for reconsideration, but don't know what I am looking for that triggered this action.
1. We are looking to hire someone who is very familiar with this situation and knows exactly what needs to be done to satisfy Google.
2. Any actions taken must be done by you. For example, if any websites need to be contacted to remove links from their sites to us, you must do this. We will give you access to an e-mail account on our server to use.
3. You must provide us with well written letters and evidence of what we are doing to send to Google (if necessary).
4. We need to understand how you will charge for this (e.g. hourly, weekly, per project).
5. Please provide us with evidence that you have helped at least one other website in this situation and successfully been able to get Google to reconsider the site and reindex/relist the site.
6. We will only provide our domain name after you provide evidence for #5 above.