I need a proposal for the best setup of how to work on Org Mode files on both the iPad and the Mac. Based on the proposal I want to be able to implement this setup on my devices.
- Currently I use Spacemacs, see [login to view URL]
- My Org files (see [login to view URL] ) are in one folder and version controlled via Git
- Currently I am not yet using any subfolders
What I would like to have is the best setup, so that I can work on the iPad and the Mac with the same files.
- The files should be automatically synchronized between the devices.
- I'd like to also be able to access the files on my iPhone.
- I want to keep version controlling the files with Git on my Mac. There is no need that the version controlling can be triggered from the iPad or iPhone.
Org mode features which I use:
- Regular outline with notes per outline entry
- Keywords (TODO, DONE, ...)
- Task scheduling
- Lists of items within the notes
- Agenda view
Sync backend options which I consider viable:
- Google Drive
- WebDAV or similar, we have a Synology NAS in our network which I believe does provide this.
- One proposed setup which is considered the best fit based on the research and experiments. This should be a brief description with pointers to the relevant sources. 1/2 page description in prose why this is the best setup.
- List of alternative setups, their strong and weak points.
- The found setups should be ranked, the ranking criteria should be documented as well.
Based on the result I want to be able to implement this setup on my devices. Pointers and brief instructions to do so will be needed.