I am looking for a freelancer capable of translating Japanese speech into English text in order to generate subtitles.
The speech will be from Japanese entertainment videos (~1h30) that focus on casual topics.
The chosen freelancer will be given a link to the youtube video for which English subtitles are needed.
The freelancer will then be asked to produce a text file where they will transcribe their translation according to a .str file's structure.
[Skills expected from the freelancer]
- To be a native Japanese speaker and be fluent in English.
-Freelancers who are not native Japanese speakers can also apply, if they have extended experience working in Japanese.
- To have experience in translating Japanese speech into English on the fly.
- To be precise as far as the timing of the dialogues are concerned.
- To be able to keep translations short and efficient in order to meet short deadlines.
[Extra / If possible]
- To be familiar with Japanese and English slang.
- To be aware of the youtube's streaming community and its related meme culture.
In your proposal, please share a brief summary of your experience, including examples of relevant Japanese Speech to English translation work