I have a language teaching website that has a series of lessons. As a user completes a lesson they should be able to launch this application within the website to test recognition of what they have learned so far.
How it works:
1. Each time a new lesson is created, the administrator adds the new vocabulary items (word or phrase) taught in that lesson to a database.
2. Each vocabulary item has 5 fields - 3 different formats of the item, the meaning in English and an MP3 sound file containing proper pronunciation.
3. When a user wants to use the application, he first chooses a lesson and what format he wants the items displayed in, and the application loads all the items up to that lesson.
4. A random item is chosen from this list and displayed on screen in the format specified by the user. The different formats can be switched back and forth at any time.
5. The user can click a play button to hear the sound sample associated with this item.
6. The correct meaning of this item plus the meanings of two other items from the same list are displayed on screen and the user chooses the correct answer (multiple choice).
7. The user's score is shown on screen and maintained in a database to track progress.
8. The application continues until all the items have been tested or till the user quits.
9. The next time the user launches the application, it will only test items that were either not tested previously or were answered incorrectly.
I can show you samples of other applications that have some of the features above. Please PM for more information.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $1009 for this job
Some site examples; [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], www.archcontrol.ugca.com. Others upon request. Very e Lagi