We are looking to create a Social Network Website which consists only of groups. User generated groups will be created initially under three main categories (however this may change in the future.) The majority of the functionality is part of several out of the box solutions already in the market (including a few decent Open Source packages). We need someone to help us identify the best platform then have the ability and expertise to modify it to our needs.
• Any Member of the site may start a group (Only one at a time)
• Each member gets an individual profile, but for viewing purposes only. The point of the site is to be group focused not individual as in MySpace or FACEBOOK
• Group founders will have the ability to create titles and assign permissions to specific group members in order to assist with running of the groups and restricting access to tools
• Members may join any group of their choosing but only one group
• Each group will have a home page which may be customized (i.e. MySpace) completely
• Each group will have collaborative tools such as;
o Blog and Newsletters
o Ability to upload (in specific areas)
&#61607; Word files
o Voice Chat (i.e. Ventrillo or TeamSpeak type of functionality)
o Calendar (group and global based)
• Groups will compete within each category based on amount of members each has. Allowing us to showcase statistics on individual groups as well as global basis.
• Search and Advanced search functionality group based and global
• Ability to send Private Messages (internal Emails and Texts) between users.
• Site Admin should be able to create global chat rooms and global forums.
o Chat rooms should be text and or voice based
• Ability to charge users/groups for services
• Ability for groups to charge users for goods and services
• Polls (Group and Global)
*** The main point is to allow users the ability to create groups and give them the latest functionalities to collaborate with group members. These groups will compete with one another !! If there is functionality that I haven’t listed but you feel would be a good addition in making this site better, then please bring it up during our conversations ***