I'm looking for someone to develop an application to remotely backup from client's computer (Windows, MacOS, *nix), to his own account on our server (CentOS 6.3 x64).
currently we're using a php/mysql script (on our CentOS server), and a small software to install on windows systems, and all it does, customers choose the files they want to backup to our server offsite, and it sends the files using ftp (pure-ftpd), to their own account. and currently we have it also automated, when customer goes to our webbased system, they place an order, it will automatically process his order, create an ftp account on our server for him, send him his user/pass, and a link to download our software, and our software is already preprogrammed with our server address and port, so customer places their user/pass and they are ready to go. they also have a web-based back-end, where they can view their files, restore, delete or move their files as they wish.
our existing system works, but has some drawbacks, and that's why we're looking for a better system than what we're using.
1) client-side deduplication: currently ftp doesn't support deduplication, and we're really aiming at this, for many reasons, and mainly to lesser the data usage on our server(s), so they take up less space; also to minimize client and server bandwidth usage, this is why we need it to be client-side deduplication.
2) security: as we all know ftp isn't very secure, and that's why we're looking for something which can be more secure, yet, keep fast data transfers if possible. we need the data encrypted before leaving client's PC, and decrypted when it arrives at the server. the main reason why we need it unencrypted on the server, customers request us to physically deliver them their data on a hard drive, and for deduplication to work better across multiple accounts.
3) multi-platform: currently we're supporting windows x86/x64 only, but we need the ability to offer MacOS, and Linux customers the possibility to use our application. We also would like to be able to support Linux servers which have no Desktop GUI environment, either by creating cronjobs or by installing our app on their server, and configuring it.
4) mobile devices: we would like to have the ability to also offer backup for mobile devices, like photos, music, videos, notes, sms, phone log, chat logs, or any possible features. most mobile devices like iPhone, ipad, android smartphones, android tablets, windows smartphones, windows tablets, blackberry smartphones, and blackberry tablets. we don't really care for proprietary OSs like Nokia and others.
5) billing: we're currently using WHMCS as our billing system, we would like to keep using it as our billing system, unless you have a better idea for an opensource billing system which can be integrated. we're open to suggestions.
6) back-end: currently customers can login to the back-end using their user/pass where were created when they signed up, and they will see their contact info, they can change their password, they can access their backups and delete, move or restore any files they would like. they also can upgrade/downgrade their package from their account (from 2GB to 10GB to 50GB etc...), they also see in numbers, and a pie chart of how much their disk space package, as well as how much is used & available. We would like to keep all these features, but we would like to get a good modern look/feel for our clients, something which will wow all our existing and new clients. we also want to add the feature to access their billing account, either with a link to their account in WHMCS, or if you recommend a better billing system. this way customers can pay their bills, pre-pay for service, or save their credit cards in our database for automatic billing.
7) website: we would like a very modern simple professional website which is also easy to update when required.
project payment will be paid upon COMPLETION, no partial payments will be made sorry.
8 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $1722 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hi We are interested in your project and read your [url removed, login to view] have completed 150+ big projects in .NET,PHP and Java in last 5 years. Please check private message board for details.
Your main requirements are clear. We can do this for you and we have mentioned how we are going to do this in the message we sent you. Please go through it and contact us for more details. Solution Infinity.
Hi, here is an Expert system administrator with more than 8 years experiance in this field. I can help you to implement a very reliable and stable backup system.