First the project must be written in Java with source code commented and MUST be able to run on an Intel based Mac. Also the program interface must look clean and professional. With that said I am looking for a programmer that at least understands the basics of the stock market and what options are. Below are some of the specs but the last three items would not fit. The entire project is attached.
1. Go to yahoo finance and pull real time info for stocks entered in a gui interface.
2. The interface needs to be able to take either a single stock or multiple stock tickers manual entered
3. There needs to be the ability to add a stock ticker to a portfolio.
4. Stocks in the portfolio need to have the information below updated in real time every time the portfolio tab is clicked.
5. There needs to be an option menu to choose how often to update everything, i.e. real time, 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, ect.
6. Based on the stock ticker(s) entered the following results needs to be returned and have the ability to be sorted, i.e. how excel lets you sort a column by highest to lowest.
a. The current stock price
b. What the stock price is plus and minus ?% where the ? is a drop down menu to choose the percentage
c. Based on the +/- price need to return the option price closest to this price. For example the stock price minus 5% the option price needs to be the “put” option price. For the stock price plus 5% the option price needs to be the “call” option price.
d. Along with the option prices the bid, ask, change, high, low, volume and open interest need to be returned.
e. The option prices returned need to be returned for all expiration dates.
f. Based on the option price and the expiration date there needs to be a breakdown of the cost per day, i.e. if the last price is $1.00 and there is 4 days left to expiration then the price per day would be $1.00 / 4 = $.25 cents
7. The following information from Key Statistics needs to be returned
a. 50 day moving average
b. 200 day moving average
c. 52 week change
d. 52 week high
e. 52 week low
f. Average volume 3 months and 10 days
g. Shares short as of (fill in date)
h. Short % of Float as of (fill in date)
i. Shares Short prior month
8. From Company Events we want the earnings date and a calendar. Unfortunately yahoo does not always have accurate dates so this needs to be checked daily to make sure that it has not changed. If it does an alert needs to be made to bring attention to the change.
9. Based on the earnings date the program needs to go to [url removed, login to view] where the /[url removed, login to view] is date in the following format /[url removed, login to view] where the first 4 digits starting left to right is the year, the next 2 digits is the month and the last is the date
and pull out the time information and add this to the iCal calendar in Apple with a reminder set up 3 days before and 24 hours before. If the date changes the calendar needs to be updated with the new information and the old information needs to be removed from the calendar.
10. Based on the current stock price a dollar amount should be able to be entered and based on this dollar amount the amount of stock to buy needs to be returned.
11. Need to be able to enter in how many shares I want to buy and based on this number then the number of options “puts” to buy until this number is achieved. This number should be permanently saved until manually changed. FYI 1 option is 100 shares
12. Need to be able to enter in how many shares I own and based on this number then the number of options “calls” to sell needs to be based on this number. This number should be permanently saved until manually changed. FYI 1 option is 100 shares
13. The percent needs to be returned of how much the current stock price is above / below its 50 day and 200 day moving average numbers taken from the key statistics.
14. A buy price needs to be calculated by adding the 50 day and 200 day moving averages together and dividing by 2