I have a university project to create a very very basic web browser in Java. I need to implement certain functions and I have gotten stuck with several parts such as:
Use of Tabs
Status Bar (Not giving any feedback)
Ide also like some help with some general debugging and perhaps code structure. I would say I am about 80% complete and I cannot go any further.
The browser has nothing to do with how it displays web pages. It is only about the functionality of the browser itself.
Deadline for this project is Friday 12th December. This should be a very small project as most of it is complete and even that was done in side of 2 days.
Below are my requirements:
Develop a web browser using the Swing JEditorPane component. The aim is to produce a functioning web browser that exploits the html parser built into the JEditorPane component to allow browsing of simple web pages.
* The effective use of layout managers to design an overall application is able to handle movement and resizing,
* The development of appropriate menu and toolbars to support browsing
* The development of suitable dialog to configure settings
* The use of components to display progress during browsing
* The use of tabs to support the browsing of multiple pages
* Appropriate use of copy and paste from the browser windows to other applications
* The use of dialog boxes to capture and display errors
* The storage of favourite web pages.
* A web history viewer. This should exploit the JTree component to provide a web history viewer that allows users to browse through a recorded web history. The developed solution should demonstrate effective use of the JTree components and its use of abstract model events.