1. I have some text files I want to compare. In the files are many numerical calculations and a lot of text data. The calculations happen from top to bottom and are continues until a result is calculated at the bottom of the file.
2. There is a very high level of similarity between the files I want to compare, until the point (reason for comparison) that one of the values or calculations is different. From that point onward the comparison becomes tricky, because that change in value has impact on the subsequent calculation. Even new parameters and values can be introduces.
3. I want the software to logically show me where the calculation differs and trace it as far as reasonably possible thereafter.
4. I am mostly concerned about the numerical values, but want the text differences (say first three) to be neatly shown in the workbench (say top right). This is not the main requirement at all. The main requirement is showing the numerical differences.
5. There should be a very high correlation between position and spacing between the two files, until the difference occurs. So your algorithm should try and establish if there is a pattern again after the first numerical difference.
6. Also at finding the first numerical difference you should compare all the Tables involves (those above and below); typically Table IT and Table OT (but there are others) between the two files in an easily readable, side by side way. Compared by element name.
7. I understand that there is a point that the calculation and numerical differences would be too large and you would follow those until it makes no more sense. It should also be visualized in an easy way.
8. Lastly after you have found the numerical difference and did what is required, you would read the file from the bottom (there is always a final result) and compare the last Table RT; Table IT, Table SCRT. (only Table IT is shown in the example), but I can send you some examples as needed.
9. User ease and Visual readability is very important.
10. This is a relative easy and interesting project, but I need you to be creative.
11. I would obviously want the source code and compiled version.
• These text files are large and could typically be between 45000 – 70000 lines, so don’t underestimate this.
• I cannot send you a full file.
• Please find example included. Please keep in mind that the real text files are much larger and more complex than these, but this is a good example to start with.
• Test 1 should be compared to Test 2.
• At one stage I introduces, @ the line “ PIT XALP NOAB Increased BWGRL + extra pay + premium” the value for Code 2800 changes to 100.
• If is not obvious at all, but what is above Input, Table IT is the function name in this case ‘PIT XALP NOAB’. They (the functions) have different names, but it would be good to show that section of the comparison once the numerical difference is found.
• if you keep scrolling down you see the Output for the IT Table and you can see some values changing between Test 1 & Test 2. This means the value in code 2800 has that impact on the output. Again a side by side comparison would be needed, keeping in mind that there is a completely new element XX14 introduced.
• I fabricated this example and in the real word thing would be a little bit more complex.