This is a Web-scraping project. In this project, you will deliver an application that reads a dynamic table from a Web site and write its contents into a csv file.
The project will be delivered as a maven project and will be developed using JDK 16.
You will use HtmlUnit for scraping. There is a detailed document that describes this project and I have also uploaded a skeleton project that you can have a look.
The project is to be delivered as a maven project, using HtmlUnit for the web scraping.
The Java version is JDK 16.
The delivered batch file name is
[login to view URL]
The Maven project name is fdatascraper
he project delivery should be in a way that will enable me to run the application and modify the code as I wish.
If it contains any external components, then please notify me ahead – I may approve or disapprove.
submit 2 milestones - 50% each.
The second milestone will be approved only 2 weeks after the first delivery, because of the changing nature of the web site.
1. Read the instructions thoroughly. Ask me everything that you are not sure about.
2. Thoroughly test your implementation to make sure that it provides identical responses.
3. Submit the project for my testing.
Do not apply to this project before you have completed Task #1.
Supplied materials and content
The files that come with this project.
1. Example Json file
2. Example csv result
3. This document ([login to view URL])
The project will be completed in two milestones
1. Project Submission: You will submit a fully functional version including the maven project and the execution batch file, after you have tested it thoroughly.
2. Two weeks testing: Because that website changes every day, I will need to test it for a period of two weeks before approving this project.
Each milestone is worth 50% of the project, so that I will release the second (final) milestone at least two weeks after the first submission.
How to Submit Your Proposal
Your proposal is a commitment!
1. Describe in general terms what you are intending to do, which external toolkits and libraries will you be using.
2. Provide a table of milestones with detailed schedule and percentage of the project in terms of payment.
3. Your suggested price.