You will be implementing a facebook style bottom bar on our application.
You will be working with one of our application engineers; he will be able to assist you if you
have any questions on the ColdFusion side of the integration. You should be proficient with AJAX
The facebook style bar should have the following features:
- Intergrated Chat/Instant Messaging
- Ability to save chat/message once you're done
- Chat should support basic emoticons.
- Intergrated Friends Online
- Auto update (AJAX) when a user logs in (to show friends online)
- Auto update when you have an instant message
- Administrative users should be able to see everyone online (one of our engineers will get you the ColdFusion session information, as it relates to a user's logged in status/access level).
The bar should appear to be stateless; when a user goes from one page to another
The bar should NOT appear to refresh.
Since our firm practices very strong code documentation, your code should be very well documented.
The bar will span across the bottom of the website.
The bar must be compatible in Opera, Safari, FF 2/3, and IE 7+.
You will be given any additional assets that you need (we have several screenshots of this application, or you can just log into [url removed, login to view] and see what we're talking about (its the bar on the bottom that shows your friends online, etc.)).
Payment is going to be by escrow - we will pay once the project is working/integrated into our platform. Due to bad providers/providers who bid but can not meet the demands this is non-negotiable.
ColdFusion 8, mySQL db.
The ColdFusion and MySQL parts of this project have already been built. You will be provided with two logins to the application (user a .. and user b so that you can test the chat features that you are to integrate.) Please ask if you have additional questions.