Flash Whiteboard project along with web pages.
The tutors are all located at a centre. They will provide online tutor support service to students ranging from Grades 1 - 12 & possibly college who could be logging in from anywhere in the world. The tutors will be waiting online and the students will come and login anytime there want. The students will be assigned to a specific classroom (we will be able to create classrooms) where the assigned tutor will be waiting. Both tutor and students will be given a login and password to enter. Students will be served by the tutor one at a time. (Thus the queuing system is required where the tutor will just click next and the next student will immediately have access to the tutor when the tutor is done with the last student.)
- password controlled;
- include whiteboard;
- include text chat;
- include text sharing board;
- new editing tools for whiteboard:
- cut & paste;
- import graphics files;
- gridlines that can be added based on number of columns and rows;
- for tutor: ability to move to next student in the queue;
Classrooms management (Administrator):
- Add classroom
- Assign tutor to the classroom
- Assign students to the classroom
- Delete classroom
- Edit classroom properties
Users management (Administrator):
- Add new tutor
- Add new student
- Edit user properties (fullname, login, password, etc.)
- Delete user
- Server OS: Windows2000/XP/Vista Mac OS compatible
Flash Whiteboard features
1. All of the features should be available on the website and no downloading should be necessary..
[url removed, login to view] to be compatible with Windows, Linux, Unix & Macintosh.
[url removed, login to view] have ability to insert Mathematics Symbols in (Chat box, Whiteboard box). Math Typesetting tools. Tools for writing mathematical equations.
5. Sound and visual prompt when student enters the classroom (clicks the enter class button) also while already in classroom, when there is activity either by tutors or students, there will be a sound and visual prompt when screen is minimize or behind another browser or document to inform that there is activity (something like what MSN messenger has) In the Chat box, ability to see the other person (small text at the bottom of the chat screen saying …..is writing) is still writing.
6. Database or logs that is accessible by only admin that records all chat communication between tutors and students also tutors and students login time and logout time.
7. The option to retrieve and save the chat session with the tutor after the giving of the feedback. Students are prompted to save the chat session after giving the feedback. Also they are able to review save any their chat session later. Tutors are able to review (not edit or delete) any their chat session at any time as well. Administration staff is able to delete chat sessions.
8. Logs that is accessible by only admin that can be cleared off, including feedback, chat, date (mm/dd/yy) with time-in, time out and time on of student with the tutors logs for tutors and students. (We need to be able to know the date and how much time a specific student or tutor is on the system for verification purpose, ex. 09/21/05 [url removed, login to view] – [url removed, login to view] = 1hour 30mins, that can be tracked & sum up daily, weekly & monthly) Please note that the tutor ranking system, 1.0 – 5.0 must be in placed like our existing version. Option to be able to backup the logs via "save as" option.
9. Time limit for the student that is set by admin. 10 minute slots (able to book 10 minutes to any number of hours) & unlimited time for no restriction of time spent with the tutors. > (I will need to have the ability when we register onto the system new students where I can set the amount of time the student is allowed to be in the classroom with the tutor. It is where the student may only want to have a limited amount of time spent with the tutor. So when I register the student, I can set allocation for the student of minimum 10 minutes, 20 mins, 30 mins and so on (based on 10 minutes blocks) or to unlimited time where there is no time limit with the assigned tutors. Let's say we register them for 20 minutes..and when they are online with the tutor and their 20 minutes is up, the tutor will be informed somehow and the tutor will need to let the student out of the class. The student then will not be able to re-enter the class until admin reallocate more time to them. This also must correspond to the propose schedule which I am requesting too. Where if the student has only a 20 minutes allocation, on the schedule, they will only be able to reserve to that amount of time with the tutor. Likewise, they have no time left, they will be told that they have no more time left.) This has to be linked to the scheduling system as well. Also the ability to Block student from entering the system for 5 or 10 minutes by the tutor if student has been uncooperative with tutor when in the classroom.
10. Ability to upload files and present it, tutor to student (1 to 1) or tutor to students (Group discussion/class/meeting room & On-demand 1 to 1/5 tutor & students environment) or tutor to tutor. (Flash, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and PDF).
11. To have available 3 option of classrooms. 1) 1 to 1 tutor & student environment 2) 1 to 5/10/20 tutor & students environment (Group discussion, where 1 tutor has the option to allow a max of 5, 10 or 20 students into the classroom and do a group session) 3) On-demand 1 to 1/5 tutor & students environment of 1 tutor to allow a max of 1 or 5 students into the classroom. (Where this student will have special privileges of getting tutor support anytime and immediately. When that student logins, based on the subject they request support for, they will be able to enter a classroom immediately. The system will detect the tutor who is free or have the shortest queue of students and prompt the tutor. There will be a button that flashes on that tutors page that tells that tutor that an On-demand student is waiting. When the tutor clicks on the button, another classroom opens up to serve the On-demand student while not affecting the already running class the tutor was running in the first place.) So we need to have the ability to create 3 categories of users as above (tutor and student) (We need the ability to have the option for the student or tutor to be able to be registered to one or two or all categories at the same time)
[url removed, login to view] system. The slots for appointment can be 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 1 hour per session. Students will need to login to set an appointment with the tutor and likewise tutors will need to login to view their schedule. Also to set so that selected students can be assigned to a specific tutor so that when that student login to the scheduling page, they will only be able to see the tutors schedule that has been assigned to them and not of tutors that are not assigned to them. Likewise tutors will only have access to their own schedule. The scheduling system will be linked to the main database as well for reporting needs
13.A dynamic and graphically attractive interface and web-pages.
14. We would like to have the Exclusive Rights and Exclusive Use of the whiteboard. Means no one else or company may use this unless authorized by us in writing. We feel this is acceptable because, most of the ideas, requirements and version 1 whiteboard and existing scheduling system came from us. So we feel it's relevant that we have the exclusive rights to use this. Also All Copyright and Contact details within the whiteboard program, files must be set to our information.
15. The ability to enter in banners on the website for advertising purposes.
16. Able to accept money through paypal and automatically replenish the account with the minutes necessary.
There could be more minor changes to the project as we work through the project.
We need this project to be completed by the end of June so serious bidders only please.