Develop an application that would run on mobile phones and touchpads and ipads.
At end of process code must be delivered and owned by me.
The app is a minerals & ingredients information platform.
• It should be a simple basic small application that has a local DB and do not rely on internet connectivity (only for first download).
• First download file from app store should be small, and on first execution should retrieve the full DB.
• Every now and then, the app should be synchronising to download additional information or corrections if need be.
• The app should be developed in phonegap, to make sure deployment is easy to many devices. Initial focus is Android and iOS.
• Application should look good & feel good maintaining the same designing concept seen on pdf that will be provided.
• The application should work exceptionally well in any devise orientation (flipping from landscape to portrait, with an emphasis on landscape!
• When application is run, all screen buttons default by the OS should NOT be visible or accessible. The only way to close the application or leave it would be using the physical buttons of the device – but these will not be accessible since the device will be encased
The app data need to be taken from two sources.
1. a website. Copy the ingredients section. Name, description and image.
2. A pdf presentation file, presenting a product line. Only pages 1 to 9 out of 19. (The file is very big, will be sent in a later stage – over 70M as it is in print resolution.)
The app will run on a kiosk type computer (touch pad) so there is no physical access to any of the buttons of the device. This means the app should have 4 buttons to it. Home, Back, Search, Ingredients.
Buttons should be icons only. No text.
Home screen – Should have a presentation where the user can scroll the information. (this would be the part from the pdf file). When the app is idle for 1 minute. A slide show starts of the same presentation. Transition should be “scrolling up” similar to a flick of a finger.
Pressing the screen causes the slide show to pause, the user can then scroll by him self.
When idle again – presentation continues from where it is now.
Back – takes back to previous page.
Search - The app should have search capabilities. A person can search for a specific ingredient. The search returns the item name. When clicking on the item the user is presented with the full description of the item/ingredient + image.
When searching, the results list should be dynamic. Names only.
Eg. When I start typing “oil” all ingredients having “oil” in their name will show.
Where the relevant letters are highlighted in bold, to make the selection quicker for the user.
As I progress and continue typing (eg. “oilis” ) the list shortens.
Ingredients – this button propagates an alphabetical list of all ingredients. Name and picture. The user can scroll up or down and select an item to view.