We are looking for someone to join our team who is multi-skilled and highly talented when it comes to web development. This position is to handle overflow work for now, however we hope to hire the successful candidate in a full –time position further down the track.
Here is what we need:
-The ideal candidate would need to be highly skilled with html & css, to code clean, validated, SE friendly, entirely div based layouts, consistent through all major browsers.
- Highly experienced with e-commerce sites, with a solid understanding of website vulnerabilities and security concerns
- Must be familiar with linux environment, server management - at least at a basic level
- Photoshop skills are a big plus
Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability.
1) You have several campaigns sending visitors to a site using paypal's buy now buttons. What approach do you think is best to track the source of each sale?
2) A large ppc campaign will start in a few days, and you have to set up custom tracking to count the visitors... explain the technology you will use and why this option will give the best possible accuracy over others?
3) We are going to use a DNS failover service for one of our sites. This will mean the domain will be installed on 2 different servers, having 2 different databases, etc. What will you do to prevent duplicate orders sent from the 2 systems in case of the first server going down, while keeping the best conditions for the most accurate reports in the backend?
4) Rate your experience with smarty template engine (if you have used it), and name one advantage and one disadvantage in using it?
You must have a can-do attitude
You must be a problem solver
You must be a self-starter
Please include a resume with your application.
Please also list any other skills you think may be useful for this position