I'm looking for a programmer (mostly flash) who can build a dynamically updated site (assuming xml) which also incorporates a blog or blog-type news feed. This is a personal project but I really want to have it completed asap. I don't have a preference for AS2 or AS3 but I leave that up to you. Also, if you have recommendations other than what I've outlined here, please suggest them.
The site is intended as a portfolio and will have galleries as well as the 'news' blog feed. I'm not sure what the best way to incorporate a blog is but I assume there's a way to incorporate Wordpress into the site.
Here is a flash demo of what the site should behave like. See notes below for description of what you'll see:
[url removed, login to view]
1. The site has a launch page. When the link is clicked, a full screen popup with the full site should appear.
2. A main page loads with the navigation, site title, main image, and caption/thumbnail toggle button.
3. The navigation is an accordion type nav. Some of the menu items will have submenus, others will not. You will see a demo of 1 gallery opened followed by another. The behavior of the accordion is meant to be pretty standard.
4. You will see the "+/-" button toggled which is meant to switch into a full size gallery mode. The nav and thumbnails are hidden and the image moves to the center. Note, these images are meant to be larger than the gallery mode that shows the captions and thumbs. They can either be separate jpegs altogether (for instance, we'd have a large and small version for each image on the site) or they can scale, as long as the quality remains high.
5. You will also see a toggle to show/hide captions in the full size gallery mode. This is meant to happen when the "i" button is clicked.
6. *** Note that when either the right or left side of an image is hovered over, an arrow appears. The entire right half of an image should be 'clickable' to go to the next image. Same for the left half, that should go back to the previous image.
*** Also important, when clicking through to the end of a particular submenu's gallery the last image should click through to the first image of the next gallery. Conversely, the first image of a gallery should click back to the last of the previous gallery, if possible.
*** Bonus: If the 'right/left' functions of the arrows can also be performed using the arrows keys on the keyboard, that would be terrific.
7. Finally, you will see the "News" section get clicked, which should load the 'blog' section of the site. This can be done in either flash or it can pull in something like Wordpress, which I assume would take a lot of the trouble out of programming a blog. Preference is on ease of updating, so I think I'd prefer Wordpress but am open to recommendations since I'm not sure what the best tool is here.
That's about it. There are other sections, like "Contact, Bio, etc" but those can load in separate .swfs and do not need to be programmed at this time.
Components needed (I assume)
- Flash/XML accordion navigation
- A blog feed (Wordpress or another easily-updated solution)
- Flash image gallery
I look forward to working with you (someone). Many thanks. Please give accurate estimates based on what you see in the demo, prefer higher quality work over cheaper prices. And please ask any questions you may have. Budget between $750-1250.