There are lots of free-to-use, not to distribute slideshows out there that have bits and pieces of what I am looking for. I am familiar with most of them but I have some proprietary requirements.
- Crossbrowser (For at Least IE6+ & Firefox)
- Simple Fade Transition between images
- images will always have links (*see details below)
- Script should be structured in two sections:
In head tag: declaration of variables, functions etc.
In body: placement of script to call (not an image with an id) where it is to be positioned
* links need to be defined in an array that is easy to edit and add or remove links from. They will always be coming from the same domain and follow the same structure. Ex: [url removed, login to view]
Images are going to be need to be defined by looking at information in the link array. I am suggesting some sort of loop through the array and grab 'name' and 'serial in this example and append http://anotheraddress + parameter + name + parameter + serial + etc.
The information for actual links and image links will be provided to you.
Also keep it lightweight as possible.