I have 3 stores using Unifi Video cameras and an NVR
[login to view URL]
You can download your own version of Unifi Video Server from their website, its free.
The problem is that Unifi Video does not have any ability to export the recordings automatically. So there is no way for me to duplicate the recordings to an offsite backup. I need to be able to have an archived backup of these videos.
You are to find the most effective and stable way to have an easily accessible offsite backup. This will need to be developed into an easy to use and install script that can be shared as open source.
There are several options I've looked into, but unsure as to how each one might work, I'm also open to your suggestion of a solution.
1. Unifi stores all recordings in 3 second clip files on the local NVR (Network Video Recorded), sync these files to a Google Cloud Storage Bucket using rsync (or similar) and remove them locally as space is needed, ENSURING that when removed locally, the files REMAIN in Google Storage Bucket.
Then have a central NVR setup hosted on GCP and ensure that each camera is added for all 3 locations and use Cloud Storage Fuse and a Google Cloud Storage Bucket to retrieve all files from the bucket. Then I can use the cloud hosted NVR to browse all cameras, files etc.
2. Using Unifi's API, once a night export all the day's recordings into a folder and have that folder automatically sync to Google Drive, and I can just browse the recording files in the Google Drive Interface
3. Find a better system than UnifiVideo Server with a decent UI that can backup to an external location like S3, GCS or Google Drive, and easily view/re-watch the footage as needed.
- You must be able to speak english and talk to me on voice chat with screen share
- You must give me weekly updates and an accurate time frame until completion
- The solution must be scripted, so install and uninstall is easy
- The solution must work, and will be tested under all conditions
- You will be expected to fix bugs until solution is complete and working
- You will not be paid if the product doesn't work.
Feel free to discuss ideas or solutions with me, I will award you the work if you prove you have the skills.
There may be multiple parties awarded to ensure project completion.