We are using CB GroupJive on Joomla 1.5 for group functionality (GroupJive v [url removed, login to view] + CB [url removed, login to view]).
GroupJive has its own Event functionality that allows to schedule and view events for each individual group that is created.
We would like to create a small extension/plug-in that would allow us to see ALL events from different GroupJive groups in one place. So, instead of having to go to each group to see it, we would simply click on a menu item (say All Events) and have it display event listing from all groups.
Here are the envisioned process:
1. A new GroupJive plugin that we can tie a menu item to. Say http://mysite/[url removed, login to view] here
2. When people choose the menu, they will see a list of all upcoming (not past) events across all of our roundtables
3. Events should show - date/time, group, event title, event location, event description (maybe up to 255 chars).
4. Group should be a link and when clicked, should take user to that group
5. Event title should be a link and when clicked, should take the user to the specific event.