We are looking for someone who is competent with Joomla upgrades, Account Expiration Control (AEC) membership (and, hopefully has experience with the Zombaio payment processor), and JomSocial/JomSocial Profile Types (JSPT).
Through our Joomla 2.5 website, which is on a Joomla platform, the following functionality is currently provided:
- Potential members can apply for membership (RSForm Pro)
- Anyone can sign up for our newsletter (ACYMailing)
- Anyone can sign up for and/or upgrade membership (AEC using Zombaio as the payment processor for paid memberships)
- Three tiers of membership (FREE, STANDARD and ELITE)
- Free members can create and view profiles on the social network (JomSocial)
- Standard members can create, view and message other users on the social network (JomSocial) and access the premium blog content
- Elite members can do all of the above, plus access a link to buy tickets. Elite members are supposed to be approved after they apply for membership, but in reality anyone can upgrade to Elite and potentially purchase tickets. We use TicketLeap (a separate website) to sell tickets, but non-members can access that site -- so we manually check that everyone who has purchased tickets has (1) been approved and (2) is paying Elite membership dues.
We have a few issues we need to be resolved immediately:
- First, the payment processor is telling users their accounts were canceled. The payment is processed through Zombaio. We use Zombaio because it allows adult oriented websites to complete transactions, which is an issue on other sites.
- The cancellation issue above may be related to JomSocial, which also is broken. Before upgrading JomSocial, we used JomSocial ProfileType to automatically change the Profile Type of users who upgraded to Standard or Elite tiers of membership to Standard or Elite in JomSocial, giving them the enhanced functionality. I believe AEC used to be configured to do this.
Then we have other long term goals:
- Upgrading Joomla to the latest version and heavily updating the look of the website.
- Potentially implementing a "checkout" process and a shopping cart so Elite users can buy tickets.
- Including a hidden area for those Elite users who have purchased tickets to access details about the event (e.g. secret location).
We are open to new methods and new software that may be more streamlined. If you have questions about the application process, you can apply on our site and I'll show you everything that a user would see if they had applied and were approved.