I need a custom or modified component for Joomla. Where an author can sign up. (authors have to be
approved by admin) - Once approved.. the author is now allowed to upload files (articles, images, etc) -
Once approved by the admin. the article, image etc. will now be sold by the admin to the public.
This can be on a 1 time purchase like a shopcart, or users can buy credits to download things. Once a
product is sold (all downloadable products - no shipping etc) the author would get 50% of the sale, and
the site owner would get 50% of the sale. We would need a way to keep track of what products are sold
and what is owed to each author. We plan on using the [url removed, login to view] gateway for credit card processing.
It would also be nice to be able to automatically add a watermark to images in the shop. (if possible.)
I currently have Virtue Mart installed and it will do downloadable products, and docMan will allow
uploads. but the 2 do not work together in the back end which will make things difficult for the novice
[url removed, login to view]
• The system should send an email informing the author of the admin's decision about his author
• The system should send an email informing the author about the admin's decision about the
status of his upload? -- Yes
• Authors will be mailed a check as payment for sales.
• I will create a Transparent PNG image for you if that works for the water mark image (if
• It will be the author's work rather than the author that will be accepted or rejected depending on
its quality and appropriateness for the site. But to set up an account, we will need their 1) Name;
2) Pen name or Alias, if any; 3) Mailing Address; 4) Phone number; 5) Fax no, if any; 6) Email;
7)Their website, if any and 8) Agent's name, if any.
• When they fill in what type of feature they are submitting the drop down will give them choices
like poem or prayer, article, column, cartoon, joke, puzzle, etc. If the drop downs are too much,
we can give them space to type in the information
• The component handles the relation between the user / uploader and the virtuemart product.
• The component has a frontend where he user can view his uploads and add new uploads. He can
also see the status and sales (?) of each of his product.
• During the upload, the user can add description and select / suggest(?) a category.
• The backend allows you to approve and manage the uploads.
• When an upload is approved, a virtuemart product is created, images are converted into 1 or
more different sizes, a watermark can be added