I am looking for a joomla expert to help me with a side project that I have been toying with for some time. I originally had the site built in php with a custom cms. I have found this to be less then ideal, and would like the site to be built on the joomla platform.
The site is focused on parent education. The goal of the site is to offer online parenting classes on particular subjects. Parents can select courses from an online catalog and sign up for the course. Then there is another area where they attend either the live online course (webinar) or they gain access to the prerecorded course and the course materials as well as course discussion group (doesn’t exist today)
As a reference, you can go to see the current site at: [url removed, login to view] (BPU)
I wish to take the content and base functionality of this site, and move it to a joomla powered site which will be hosted at [url removed, login to view] (BFU)
Better Parenting University is the exact model and content for which BFU is modeled. In fact, you can see that I have already moved much of the content over to the new site at betterfamilyuniversity.com.
The issue is, I am not happy with the format of the content, nor with the overall design of BFU – it is a template from Joomlart. In addition, I don’t have a component in place for user registration etc. So, this is what I need from the chosen freelancer:
1. Closely review [url removed, login to view] to get an understanding of the site content, structure and registration process. This whole site must be duplicated in Joomla.
2. Create a custom Joomla template for [url removed, login to view] – one that is warm and inviting to reach the target audience of families – predominantly mothers.
3. Create a registration form that allows users to register for each course – replicating the process on [url removed, login to view];seminarid=14
4. Add a social networking component – e.g. something like community builder or jomsocial (open to freelancer recommendations – I will pay for these separately as required).
The goal with the social networking component is the following:
A. Allow parents to connect with each other
B. Allow private groups to be created centered around each course topic (this is essential)
5. Include a payment component for users to register for each course
6. On the back end, I will need to be able to see what users have signed up for each course – be able to manage users – and manage the groups.
7. I will use a blog component – probably Azurl – myblog component for the blogging tool.
8. I would like to see if you have any insight into integrating updates with Twitter and Facebook.
9. Site must be SEO friendly - (SEO URLS)
So – that is the project in summary. If you look at [url removed, login to view] – you will have a very clear view as to the work that exists. The content is all ready for you. You just need to be joomla savy to bring this all together on the joomla platform.
Looking forward to your response.