We have a SAAS package, and we are wanting to add a new module to our product.
Our existing code repo is quite large, and we have a number of modules available to our clients that log in to our software - you will need to have experience working in large repositories. We have artisan commands setup to get the basic layout of a new "module" up and running within seconds, however, all the functionality specific to this module will need to be created.
Essentially, we are looking for a basic contact management system. We have designs, and schema (which is a combination of using existing schema and some new entities you'll have to create migrations for).
A few points about our project:
1. All our designs are in Zeplin - you will use this to get styles, etc.
2. You must be VERY competent in creating fast and "nice" user experiences using client script frameworks (Vue). Having something "fast" and "robust" is paramount to us.
3. You must have a good understanding of ElasticSearch, as we will need to use this technology for searching.
4. You must have a STRONG understanding of building software in a secure way to ensure the data is safe, and that personal/private data cannot be accessed by other users. This is CRITICAL.
5. You must have a static IP so we can give you access to our development database environment - it is STRICTLY prohibited to make any copies of our database to work locally, so if this is a problem - please don't apply.
Our environment is currently:
- PHP 7.2
- Laravel 6.2
We have a functional spec created (we will only share with hired candidate), but we've added some screenshots to give you an indication of the scope of the project. Again, to confirm - the general framework will be generated for you using the artisan command.
Our hope/expectation is to build a long-term working relationship with the successful candidate.