I run my website throught Storesonline which needs some work. I do have a logo which I am adding later so that part I am not worried about. Also, I do plan to fix the shipping information as well.
I have not marketed the site yet but a representative there gave me a few tips to make some improvements to the site. I am selling diet products and below are the list of items they said I need to do to the site. I have access to the back-end of the site so basically I will hire anyone who could give me the information I need and good writing I need to upload the information to my site. Below is a list of what they suggested. The site www.cheri-giselle.com.
1. Home page: It would be best if you will list some of your products that are ON SALE, offer discounts and any promotional items it helps to encourage your customer to Order your products.
2. We advise that you add more information on your About us Page that allows your customer to view notes or images regarding you and your company as this will make them feel secure about the site.
4. You may want to create a page that reflects the history of the company, goals and aim of your business.
5. In your links page, you must have 50 or more links to create traffic in order that your site will have a huge number of visitors. ( you may do the exchange links after you publish your site)
Your meta information is the biggest concern. There are three types of meta information a page needs to have.
1) Description - this is a 25 words or less short statement, or paragraph that gives a description of what this page, or site (if we're talking about your home page), is about. This should also use the keyword(s) that you are focusing on with this page.
2) Keywords - this is a list of relevant keywords for that page. A relevant keyword is usually used somewhere within the content of that page, whether it's text, a link, an alt tag, etc..
Use a comma and a space to separate your keywords. Keep in mind to use the same concept though, it needs to be a ! list of individual keywords, and not keyword phrases, and be sure that you do not keyword spam in your tag (don't reuse the same keyword over and over). Search engines check for that and pubish sites that do so.
3) Title - this is a 6-12 word headline that should grab someones attention, as it is the first thing that a search engine lists when listing sites. A good title consists of three elements:
a) Emotion - use action verbs, or tout your site. Tell people why the should come in to your site
b) Keyword Phrase - your title should have the main keyword phrase that you are focusing on.
c) Free Offer - We recommend that you offer a free product that can be delivered via text. You should have an autoresponder element on your home page, so that when a visitor leaves their email address, they can receive this free report, or tips, or something that has to do with what you are selling.
The company I am selling my products from is called [url removed, login to view] which will give you an idea of who I am working with.