We need someone to assist in the setup and configuration of servers; setup servers to handle new domains and subdomains; install server applications and connect to web front-end. Our initial project is to install a package called BlogSolution on about 100 domains. Please respond with your hourly rate as this is for ongoing work.
The Administrator manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of web sites. Work includes monitoring the system for problems.
* The administration of Linux web servers.
* Must be proficient with most aspects of Linux systems administration including; Systems installation and configuration, troubleshooting, security management.
* Installation of third party software.
* Experience in the following platforms/products is also preferred: Apache, MySQL.
* Other core skills that are preferable: shell scripting, knowledge of DNS and IP network architecture/troubleshooting.
* Candidates should also have a thorough understanding of high-volume web-based environments, a strong desire and ability to tackle and master new technologies, and excellent communication skills that will allow for effective interaction and cooperation.