We're looking for a person, skilled I Linux and local/near to our office in Los Gatos, CA., who can replace the existing linux root file system with Ubuntu 18.04 on our systems. All file transfer will occur via the on-board WiFi. We will provide instructions to update the root file system of our Linux embedded system (~50 units). The steps include serial terminal access to existing system, downloading files over scp/ssh, re-partition, untar, etc. all at linux command line over a serial port.
Basic Linux Skills required:
- laptop/PC with serial port software and gaining access to the units over USB-based UART
- linux command line know-how, including fdisk and scp
Bonus skills desired (for other possible tasks):
- update linux drivers for wifi (download from vendors)
- rebuilding kernel
- setting up Ubuntu environments for things like hostapd wifi, various usb dongle support (usb ethernet, etc.)
- creating bash and/or python scripts for various tasks
- performance profiling of applications
- performance profiling of drivers
4 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $791 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hello, how are you? I have checked the details. I have rich experience with Debian, Linux, Network Administration, Shell Script, Ubuntu. Please initiate the chat so we can discuss this job in detail.
I live in San Francisco. I work on the Platform team currently and have over 10 years linux experience. Not looking to leave my company, so the terms of work would be important.