We are looking for someone to develop us a minimal Linux distro that will PXE boot into RAM. Our current PXE bootloader is Syslinux.
1. Take up less than 128MB RAMDISK and as little RAM as possible
2. Boot directly into linux as root and run configurable scripts
3. Have all common SATA, PATA, SCSI, and RAID drivers built in
4. Have all common NIC drivers built in
5. USB mouse and KB support
6. Additional Linux utilities to be specified.
7. Have a graphical boot process
8. Be built from a current free Linux distro (CentOS preferred)
Guru must provide full step by step documentation on how the distro was made, how to complie new drivers into the kernel in future (eg. storage and NIC drivers), compile and install additional programs from source, customisation of what text and graphics appear during the boot process, how to create a bootable CD of the distro, and how to run scripts / programs during the boot process. Guru must also release full rights to the software to us.
No payment will be released until a working PXE linux is delivered with source code, at which time 1/3 payment will be released. Upon delivery of documentation and confirmation that the documentation is adequate and the requirements have been met the second 2/3 of payment will be released.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $1050 for this job
It obviously will not take 300 days, but I would like to say that it seems you have quality in mind. However, it doesn't seem like you want to pay for your own project.