Blum for Mac OS X
1. Installing the application
- application should install into the tab System Preferences/Other and
clicking the icon should pull window with settings
- the company logo icon should appear in the upper panel where Mac OS watch
appears. clicking this icon should open up the menu:
- start Blum
- stop Blum
- last update [url removed, login to view]
- application should download xml feeds from the following websites
- [url removed, login to view]
- application should monitor web serfing in 4 browsers (Chrome, Safari,
Firefox, Opera) in in case current URL is in the phishing database -
alert bubble should show up in the right upper corner of the display.
Bubble design is a subject of further discussion.
- link scanning
- application should scan received HTML for phishing
links and in case of it finds something suscpicious - it shows that
- the user should be able to disable this option
- application should make sure if the current URL corresponds real
address of a website the user wants to visit. Other words
this function should prevent malicious changes of /etc/hosts file.
as an option this function might be implemented thru open ssl.
- settings window should have the following options:
- list of resources where application receives xml feeds from
- add/remove resource
- on/off anti-phishing
- on/off scanner
- on/off anti-pharming
- play/dont play sound when showing bubble
- start/stop Blum for Mac OS
- application should check for an UPDATE command every day. In case
of receiving such command - update itself.
- As an example of how application should look like in the system you could download
and install Growl Application ([url removed, login to view])
- We want to hear your options of how this application could be implemented.