We need an extension to Magento which supports lot number tracking for food products.
The lot number will be recorded during the picking process, i.e. after the consumer has purchased from the online ship, and while the package is prepared for delivery.
- Inventory Tracking should respect the lot number, i.e. a product will have multiple inventory counts, one per lot. The number of total available units of the product is the sum of all lot number inventory counts of that particular product.
- When purchases are entered by clients, the overall number available for the store is reduced by the number of purchased units regardless of the lot. (for each product: [#of available items] = [sum of all lot inventory counts] - [sum of all open orders which have not yet been assigned a lot]).
- Products automatically go on "out of stock" when all lots are consumed, respectively when the sum of all lot inventory counts falls below a defined threshold - similar to normal inventory management in Magento
- Once the lot number is entered during the shipment preparation, the inventory is updated and the applicable lot is deducted by the number of items included in the shipping.
- Default should be that all items in a shipment are from the same lot. However, it needs to be possible to put multiple lot numbers of the same product into one shipment. In this case manual entry of number of items per used lot number need to be entered by the user. Inventory tracking needs to be updated accordingly.
INFO: The extension needs to be developed for Magento CE 220.127.116.11