Translation/ Localization Project Manager
Pay Rate $50,000 to $65,000/year
Our Company is growing quickly and we offer numerous job opportunities. We are also a Tucson Star200 employer and a leader in creating jobs for people with diverse cultural backgrounds. Come join our team, grow as a professional.
Primarily responsible for managing document translations projects within the Document Translation Department.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare timely and accurate cost quotations to clients.
* Prepare and issue supplier work orders, per established ISO processes.
* Coordinate internal and external suppliers and resources for assigned projects.
* Coordinate proofing and editing all projects for completeness, formatting accuracy, and linguistic quality on individual projects, as needed.
* Ensure projects are completed and delivered to clients in a timely manner with utmost attention to quality, following all established department and company ISO-documented quality processes.
* Ensure processes used meet all contractual requirements with clients and vendors.
* Maintain accurate and complete electronic project records and project file archives.
* Maintain effective vendor relationships to ensure quality product delivery.
* Help ensure lowest cost while maintaining high quality level for customers by choosing cost effective and low-risk workflows for each project.
* Create accurate project plans and risk assessments for internal and client use.
* Help control departmental costs by effectively negotiating rates with vendors.
* Effectively utilize project management software to maximize production and quality, and to manage costs.
* Initiate client billing and vendor payments.
* Monitor and maintain real-time project tracking records.
* Provide professional and courteous service to clients. This may include client education in localization best practices and use of tools and systems.
* Manage client review and fix implementation of near final documents and content.
* Receive and document client feedback on specific projects, and coordinate timely and effective responses, per ISO-documented department processes.
* Work closely with Sales team to ensure client satisfaction and maximized revenues.
* Provide timely feedback to the company regarding client concerns.
Other Job Functions:
* Administrative and clerical duties as needed.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Two to three years of previous localization translation project management experience.
* Demonstrable time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task and to adjust/adapt to rapidly changing priorities and circumstances.
* Ability to work under deadline pressure.
* Strong knowledge of localization industry best-practices relating specifically to linguistic quality, document translation, DTP-localization, multimedia localization and website localization.
* Strong computer skills, with knowledge in using multiple computer programs, word processing tools, spreadsheet applications and presentation software. Demonstrable ability to learn new computer applications quickly beyond basic functionality.
* Strong teamwork skills.
* Strong process troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrable troubleshooting skills relating to content display in all major language families and formatting of common computer file formats (MS Word, Excel, XML, HTML, and InDesign).
* Basic localization engineering skills (file parsing and word counting) would be helpful.
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent judgment and negotiation skills.
* Strong customer service orientation. Demonstrable proactive solutions-oriented approach.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Understanding of different languages and cultures.
* If working remotely, must be able to work effectively with a team in a virtual office environment.
* Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
* Ability to work occasional overtime to meet project deadlines.
Education/Training: Four year college degree or beyond in a related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years experience in localization project management preferably in areas of web and xml content / multi-media translation. Solid computer experience with PC software applications including (but not limited to) MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Translation Memory Software (Trados, MemoQ, etc.), Web-based ERP systems (translation portals). Experience in software localization (technical or project management) would be a plus.
Location: Candidate must reside in Tucson or Phoenix, Arizona.
$50,000 to $65,000/year DOE
User and Available Location Information