The instruction: You are required to write about a technology product, preferably a new product. ( Please let me know which product you have picked, once i give the approval you can start )
The structure of your report should be as follows:
1 Executive Summary
3 Market Segments
4 Market Analysis
[url removed, login to view] not have to write things like mission and vision. Not a business plan.
2. A marketing plan is usually written for your superior. This is like your boss saying, “Can you tell me how to market product X in Country Y?”
3. Understanding the significant of point 2, knowing who your reader is, will shape the way you write your report.
4. Your introduction will not be an introduction of what product X is. Because your boss already knows it.
5. There are 2 kinds of scenario. One, a completely new, never-been-introduced product. Two, a product that has an older version that is already circulating in the market.
6. In the case of the former, your introduction section should explain the market, how it is currently being served and what the gaps are. In other words, how are the needs and wants currently served. What the trends are and whether product X will fit into the gap.
7. In the case of the latter, your introduction section would be explain discussing about the older version, what needs were not met, how the needs are changing, the market trends and so on.
8. The Executive Summary is meant to be written last and should serve as a summary of the key points of your report. That is, if your boss is too busy and only has time to read the ES, he should get the gist of your marketing plan and all key points.
The report should not be longer than 10 pages, and not shorter than 8 pages. A4 size paper, font type Arial, font size 11, 1” border margin throughout, 1.5 line spacing. Proper headings and numbering.
Deadline: 3 August 2017