1) Receive a copy of the application/data. If they are not split then the first task I will do is to split the data layer from the application layer
2) Take the database layer and use Microsoft's conversion tool to upsize the back end to Access 2016 .accdb format, and afterwords convert any of the database fields to any newer standard that might exist (i.e. rich text based fields over plain text)
3) Use the same wizard on the application side (this tool usually is good for upsizing about 50-60 percent of the application)
4) Go through the code form by form to make sure it works as intended and make any necessary modification (this usually needs to be done with function/subroutines that access the data layer as there are modifications to syntax and updates to vba that need to be made).
5) Optimize queries based on the newer standards. Most reports are driven off of the queries so these will be tested afterwords (usually very little changes need to be in the reports themselves)
6) So if that's an excel import/export that will need to be recoded as there is a newer platform for this, and it will need to be done to include newer excel formats (.xlsx) as well
7) Send back to you for testing, and make any necessary modifications before it goes into production
8) new UI.
PS. this project is not for the beginner. so please do not waste your time.. :)
16 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $468 untuk pekerjaan ini
hello sir. how are you... i can move the 2004 to 2016 .. please talk to me... i will may be offline after 2 hrs.. but you can contact me after 6 hrs... regards
Hi, i m very interested in this kind of job and i am an expert software developer and i can move the vba access from 2004 to 2016 32-bit platform properly. just knock me via chat, Thanks Rashedul
I am a data entry operator who does a very well. I will complete your work very well and give it to you and I will tell you that I am an honest person for your information. Thank you