Platforms: iPhone & Android
We already have a relatively complex web based PHP, MySQL database.
We would now like to add the possibility to enter data from the field (WITHOUT internet connectivity) and have it uploaded to the MySQL database once the user get back into the office.
This is will be used internally only, it will not be sold on the app store. We do not yet have graphic design, but it will not be critical. Usability and ease of data entry are more important.
We can also give you access to the web-based interface, so you can emulate it as closely as possible. But of course it is not the same to enter data on the iPhone than on a web site on a computer with a large screen…
The process would be something like:
1) In the office, download to the iPhone/iPad several auxiliary lookup tables (for example, list of bird species, color codes, etc).
2) Disconnect and go out into the field. Enter new observations into the iPhone.
3) When back at the office, upload entered data to the MySQL database, and delete from iPhone.
4) Go back to step (1).
- The auxiliary lookup tables are never modified on the iPhone.
- The "observations" have three levels (parent, child, grandchild).
- The parent observation table has about 20 fields.
- The child observation table has about 45 fields, including uploading 'n' number of photos
- There are three grandchildren tables, each with only one or two fields.
- Obviously, each parent can have 'n' number of children, and each child 'n' number of grandchildren.
- The fields are of all types: radio button, checkboxes, popups, dates, text fields, textareas, etc.
- Unique IDs: As you can see below the main ID is a varchar 255 so unique ID's for each record can be generated with a formula similar to:
$id = $deviceSerialNumber . "-" . $localGeratedUniqueID;
27 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $4211 untuk pekerjaan ini
Our bid is for your iPhone Bering watch App project with 2 dedicated iPhone Developers. Kindly open PMB to discuss your project further and move ahead. Regards, Sushil