iOS code for comic book reader app is already available which needs to be enhanced for iOS using image recognition techniques. The comic book files use CBR (zipped images) or PDF format. What this app will do are two main things:
A) Convert static images into motion panels (this can be turned on or off by user)
1. Detect panels of comic on single page by panel border
2. The comic zooms on single panel rather than full page image.
3. Clicking next goes from panel to panel (Left to right then bottom)
B) Graphic filters and enhancements (all options can be individually turned on or off by user in options):
1. Edge detection for enhancement of edge for added effect
2. Detecting baloon text and adding shadow underneath the baloon for 3D effect
3. Graphical effects based on concentration of specific color range e.g.
if panel has more RED color, then in RED region, flare/red particles move up like rising from fire
if panel has more BLUE color, then in BLUE region, air like lines move horzontally
if panel has more BLACK color, then in BLACK region, light smoke comes.
It can be discussed that effects are possible by programming by you and what cannot be achieved / detected for effect to work properly.