We are working on an react native mobile application that has a core component around beacons. We have been working on this for quite a while and have a hit a snug when it comes to background scanning in Android Oreo.
According to our current use-case, we need the app running in the background at all times without disturbing them with any kind of notifications. Also at the same time, battery usage is quite a concern for us. What we exactly need to do is trigger notifications when the smartphone detects beacons in background (even when the phone is locked and is in user's pocket). Also, more importantly, the app should also work when the app is killed. When I say in background, this is considering the scenario where app is killed and the phone is locked.
Now we have tried approaches on this part and even consulted quite a few people on this. These are the following approaches and some others(which can be discussed in proposal conversation)
Foreground Service on scanning beacons in background.
Problem: This works well but always displays a notification for the user. This is very irritating at times and also serves a bad user experience.
We are looking for someone:
- Who is strong in Android and has good experience around core features like bluetooth.
- Who has previous experience working with various beacon libraries.
- If someone is good with react native, that will be an addition as our main mobile application is built
in react native.
- Someone who has worked across android oreo core libraries and power management is also
- Lastly and most importantly someone who can do this really fast.
5 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $192 untuk pekerjaan ini
I have best experinace in beacon and have good experinace in native android app , i have done many projects reagring beacn and native technolgy please ping me