I operate a food and grocery search engine that helps people find food that's compatible with their diet.
I am looking to hire a developer to create an Android and iOS barcode scanner app for our registered users. I'm a developer and just haven't had time to create the app myself. The the backend is all set up so the app can mostly use my existing API endpoints.
The person that I choose to work on this project must recreate all of the features on our website ([login to view URL]) exactly without using webviews. All code must be written in native Android and iOS programming languages.
To fully understand the scope of the project please go to our website and look around. I highly recommend that you register an account, choose a diet, enter ingredients you want to avoid, search for a food, click the "Add to List" button on a search result and add a food to a list, then write a review of a food item. Once you've done all of that please send us a message and I'll know that you're serious.
The app should do the following:
- Let users register an account to our database after choosing their diet and entering ingredients they want to avoid. [login to view URL]
- Let users search our database using a barcode scanner or by entering the name of a food they want to look up. [login to view URL]
- Let users create, delete, add to, and remove from their lists of foods. [login to view URL]
- Let users submit a review of a food. [login to view URL]
- View and search for lists created by other accounts. [login to view URL]
- View and search for food reviews created by other acocunts. [login to view URL]
- View a list of unfriendly ingredients for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free diets. [login to view URL]
Look at the "Files" tab for a rough draft of the how the app should work.
[login to view URL]