1. On app launch, user connects / authenticates to their Google account
2. User is then presented with their Google Sheets file list & folder structure.
3. User navigates said folder structure & selects the desired Google Sheet.
4. User desired worksheet from within selected Google Sheet
5. Load worksheet into memory & auto detect column datatype
a, (String, integer, float)
b. Parse numeric columns
6. Using in-memory structure, Unity app uses first four numeric columns of selected worksheet for X, Y, Z & Size
7. Unity app then creates cubes in space, one for each row of indicated worksheet. Each cube is located in worldspace at X,Y,Z and is to be of size Size.
8. Running Unity app is then responsive to changes made in the Google Sheet, such that altering values from the 1st 4 numeric columns in (near realtime) results in the corresponding cube(s) moving / resizing accordingly.
a. This should use Google's push notifications e.g. [login to view URL] unless you have a better approach
This is simple task for the developers who experienced with unity and Google API.
[login to view URL] you can use this asset to integrate the explorer.
1. Code must be reasonably commented
2. Project shall be built with Unity 2018.1.9 for PC Standalone target
3. Standalone PC app should build & run
4. Any 3rd-party code must be carefully inventoried in spreadsheet with columns: module, purpose, and source (i.e. where it was downloaded from). Use of unattributed code may be grounds for unsuccessful project completion / termination.
5. If any sections of app could delay >500msec, Unity should display progress bar, hourglass or spinner w/out freezing & provide user a way of cancelling the operation.