Please read the project description very carefully and answer the questions. i will only accept the proposals from serious freelancers.
We are looking for someone who is confident enough to work on XMPP Chat module of our existing app.
XMPP server is already setup on top of ejabberd so you will only need to work on client side alone.
The integration for Android and Web is already done so it’s just iOS.
Here are the possible tasks-
1. After login to the app, grab the xmpp details from the api response and setup the XMPP connection.
2. Call our Web Service to retrieve list of rooms created (Rooms are created on server side so you don’t need to care about it)
3. Iterate through each rooms and join the room setting up all the listeners such as incoming messages, history, presence etc.
4. The rooms corresponds to a list we already have in our app. Update each item of the list to display chat icon (button) next each item.
5. Clicking on chat icon will display the conversation of the room associated to it on separate screen.
6. Setup the chat screen to send and receive messages including history of the conversation.
I am including the strategies we used in Android App which might help you. There is a background service created in android which is started if the user is logged in to the application.
The background service takes care of getting list of rooms from api, join the rooms and setup incoming message listeners for rooms.
All this is being done in background even if app is closed. The messages are being stored in a Sqlite db and Application UI displays the messages and chat using sqlite. Every time a new message is received the background service inserts it into sqlite db and Application screen will just display that message from db.
We are not sure if the same concept would be applied to iOS platform due to its restrictions on background service, but it will definitely give you some idea about the workflow.
Please when you apply to this job post, please answer the following questions:
1- How many Years of expertise do you have in Swift programming.
2- Have you integrated XMPP Group chat? if yes then provide me the link
We have to finish this chat module integration on URGENT BASIS so please apply to this job if you are available to start working immediately.