- Virtuala is an IOS mobile application that allows the user to scan AR Markers and play videos on the smartphone. The user will be able to download new videos by entering a 6-digit numeric code, he can also create his own videos and select a marker file provided by the system. Users should also enter 3rd party web sites where they can enter their 6 code digits of their videos they already created and attach it to orders like gifts. The company will print the AR Code and add it to gift. The end client will get the gift and will use the app to scan the marker and see the video.
Here is a video with more information.
[login to view URL]
-There is NOT a 1:1 relationship between markers and videos, users can scan any valid marker (which will be come after a app update) and reproduce any video.
- Rest Web Apis to upload/download the videos
- Downloaded videos with markers should be stored locally after they were downloaded
- Web page to manage contents of user, videos, markers, 3rd party stores (or companies).
- Functionality (web apis) to integrate the videos with 3rd party stores.
-Give 6-digit code, get video metadata and actual video.
-Give video and metadata, retrieve 6-digit code.
- Eventually this app should be migrated to Android, please specify overall cost
- Please tell your language of preference and if you can work on Xamarin
- Please tell if you are going to use AR SDK like Wikitude. This SDK should work also on Android to avoid re work.
- Planning to use a mac on the cloud service where the developer can put their code for tests
- Can we use Git for source control?
- The app should be enabled to use other languages
If you need more information like the MockUps that I have on Balsamiq, please contact me.
New ideas to simplify or enhance the app will be HIGH factor to select the candidate.
1.-As an user I should be able to login to the app with email/password or FaceBook
2.-As an user I should be able to reset my password trough sending a recovery password email.
3.-As an user I should be able to select which video should be scanned once a valid marker is read.
4.-As an user, once I selected the Video to be played in user story 3. I should be able to scan a Marker and play the video on it.
5.-As an user I should be able to Add a existing video (from the server) through a 6-char verification code. Adding a video will download it locally to the phone. And could be later used by User Story 4.
6.-As an user I should be able to Create a new video. I will select the video from my existing videos on my cell phone or from a YouTube link; I will select a Marker from the App Marker Gallery and when done the App will assign me the generated 6-char code. This will update the video to the main server and will be ready to be used by another user by User Story 4.
7.-As an 3rd party client I should be able to connect to a REST Web Service, send the Verification Code and retrieve a)The selected Marker b)The Video and c)A thumbnail of the video.
8.-As an 3rd party client I should be able to connect to a REST Web Service, upload a video (or a youtube link to it) and a selected marker and retrieve a 6 char verification code.
9.-The marker should be from a list that exists on the system.
If you agree with this please send me a message with your email to add you to the Balsamiq project with the Mock Ups.
10.- App should be ready to use different languages as the intended use will be in Spanish.