Our software development company would like to join forces with another software development house. We received a request from a client to build a document management system, which can either be accessed via the web, or via a windows 2000/XP/Vista desktop client.
Our expertiese lie in server side coding and web development, but we lack the skills in the desktop development department. We will complete the server side implementation, and provide a full API on how to communicate with the server. All calls will be handled via port 443 as HTTPS requests - which means your application must have support for SSL communication. Data will be sent as plain XML.
The application must have a Office 2007 look and feel. The royalty-free user interface (which they call "Office Fluent User Interface") can be directly downloaded from Microsoft, it must just be implemented in your code.
I do not want to disclose the full details here, but you can PM me for an exact "screen by screen" overview of exactly what the application must do.
The basic information that I can provide is:
- This is just a front-end that communicates with a server backend over HTTPS. Almost all "business rules" will be implemented on the server. The client must just be able to "catch" any errors the server might "throw" at it (simple things like "incorrect login")
- The desktop client must have a log in screen, meaning: your application will have to implement a very simple authentication mechanism (it's similar to "cookies" used by browsers)
- One textbox in this application will be an auto-complete field - similar to the way outlook auto-completes email addresses
- One "tree" will be required. The tree will also contain a "filter" box - for example if they enter "ab" the tree must filter to show only entries that contain "ab"
- The application must be able to obtain a scanned image from a scanner and must be able to send that image over HTTPS to the server. (simple POST request)
- The application will have a very simple "Preferences" dialog box. The config must be saved in a INI file in the app's directory (and not in the windows registry)
Things to keep in mind:
- The server API will be finised 4 working days after the client accepts the "global" quote that we will submit to them.
- The code must be handed over to the client.
- Language to be used: C# (.Net 2.0)
- Supplier must have a solid grasp of the English language and must be able to communicate fluently.
- Communications can be done via email and IM
- We are GMT +2
Please provide realistic time frames in your bidding:
If you'd like more details please PM me. A more in-depth description of the project is available.