We are looking into starting a small development team overseas to supplement our development staff for our company in Dallas Texas.
Microsoft Certification is also a plus.
Skill Set Required
Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Customer Relationship Managemewnt Software
At least 2 years of experience using .Net Framework and C#. Make sure you highlight in your bid the specifics of where you got the skills to work for us.
We will pay up to $250 US per week for your service depending on your experience. We will pay every two weeks to a bank account of your choice.
Do not bother applying if you do not have the following:
1. Complete Resume of skill and experience.
2. Tell us in your own word why you are qualified to get the job.
2. Willingness to be available via IM and VOIP with at least 2 hours in our time zone. We are in Dallas Texas and our work hours are about 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. We are 9 hours behind Ukraine and 13 hours from India.
3. Have good verbal english skill and good communication skill.
4. Detail oriented and able to work on their own.
5. Will need to be able to write a daily report of work performed for us during that day.
6. Have access to a Broadband internet connection. No dialup.
7. We do not want to talk to any consulting firm. This is a direct hire with a programmer so no middle man or staffing company.
If you are selected as a good candidate we will do an evaluation of skill set by asking you to implement this small software. We will pay an amount of $150 for the work covered by the following requirement. Once work is completed we will be making decision to bring you full time with us
Here is the program we need written
We need someone to write a console application written in C#.
The program is geared to a user of Act 2005 and Act 2006 with the objective of extracting the data
from an act zipped backup a user database and write them out to comma delimited ASCII file.
Act 2005 and Act 2006 allows you to extract the main table to a flat file but it does not support all the other other objects like history, notes and calls.
It should create one file for every view that can be created from the Act database structure.
Since Act 2005 uses SQL Server you need to devise a way to connect and login into the database using ADO.Net.
Console Application with the following command line parameter
string - Location of the zip file containing the backup SQL database.
string - Path where the CSV file will be extracted to
string - Name of Database Instance to use to reattach the database
string - password for the sa account since it is needed to reattach the backup database.
Console Application return a value of 0 if it failed or 1 if it worked.
Files needs to be written in a comma delimited format with the first line of the file containing the field name.
You can download a sample zip file at http://www.centrebase.netact.zip.
All Views will get written to the
path as defined in the command line parameter. One file per view with name of ViewName.csv.
Once all files are extracted a summary file shou ld be written showing the number of records written and the view name in a HTML table layout.
1. Assume the database server is on the machine where the console app will be running
2. Extracting of Backup file will be done from a zip file. Use GPL library at
[url removed, login to view]
3. Coding standard should follow
[url removed, login to view]
There are no config file allowed as all your inputs will need to be derived from the command line parameters.
As previously mentionned source code needs to be well documented with comments in the source code.
We own the source code.
Job Type: .NET
Broadband connectivity is not an initial requirement. We are willing to look at paying the monthly fee for the broadband connectivity to your work area if we feel your skill set is a match to your requirements.