1) What are the possible services that the network layers protocols could offer? Briefly explain
each service and indicate if the IP protocol supports it or not?
2) What is the benefit of moving the forward table to the line card?
3) How are the forwarding decisions made when the destination matches more than one prefix
4) What are the pros and cons of the three main types of switching fabrics?
5) Briefly explain the head-of-line (HOL) blocking and how this phenomenon affects the network
6) Where should the defragmentation occur, and why?
7) Why are centralized routing algorithms appropriate for intra-AS routing?
8) What is the difference between a gateway router and an internal router?
9) Briefly explain how BGP determines the best routes between two subnets at two different
10) The BGP runs over TCP connections while OSPF does not run over TCP or UDP, discuss
how that impacts the BGP and OSPF designs?